Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

2001 90cv ficht ram problem

Hi, i'm Gianni from Rome, italy.
I'm new on those arguments, and i'm sorry for the non exact things i can say on this topic.
Me and a friend of mine we have a problem with the engine in object. The problem is that the engine start regular, but when we go to high rpm the engine go in off. A service here rhey say that it's a problem of EMM, but i'm not sure about the competence of this service.
Can i find somewhere the engine parameters to compare with actual??
Someone have some suggestions to give me to help to solve the problem??
Thank you
Admiral

Re: 2001 90cv ficht ram problem

Hello Gianni,

There are special tests that have to be performed on the motor before determining that the EMM is at fault.

You can purchase a service manual from  www.outboardbooks.com  or find an experienced Evinrude technician with the knowledge and experience with older FICHT outboard motors. 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thank you for answer.
In our area we can't find a good technician, that's why i try to help to determinate if the EMM is fault.
The strange thing is that, when we download parameters, the navigation hours ore about 65000.
That's why we think to a fault.
Do you think we have a way to reprogram the EMM or substitute with another, always 90cv??
Thanks in advance and really sorry for my english mistskes
Admiral

There are several companies in the US that specialize in testing and repairing the FICHT EMMs. They are not associated with or endorsed by Evinrude but have been doing it for years.

http://www.cdielectronics.com/ficht/ 1.800.467.3371 
marinecomputersupply.com
dfitechnologies.com

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Eric at Marine computers supply was great. He spent 45 minutes on the phone with me discussing the 2004 150 Ficth that's on the boat I may buy. 

Admiral

Eric is a good guy. He used to be one of the FICHT engineers at OMC and years ago started DFI, then sold it, then years later, opened MCS.