Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

2008 225 etec hot horn

Replaced water pump sencors thermostats and the pressure relief valve still hot horn sounded when I get up on plain for about a mile or two I set the boat down and the water coming out the pisser is not hot
Admiral

Re: 2008 225 etec hot horn

You can get a HOT alarm and indicator light also if the water cooling to the EMM is inadequate. Often it is because of debris or salt buildup in its cooling system. Other times it could be due to aerated or disturbed water flow at the gearcase water inlet screens.

A tech with the diagnostic software can access the error codes in the engine computer (EMM) and see what type of overheat condition and where it is occuring. 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

I forgot to mention I hit a log and busted about three inches of the scag off
Highlighted
Admiral

Terrylowell21 wrote:
I forgot to mention I hit a log and busted about three inches of the scag off

That sounds like a very substantial impact. See your dealer to check for other damage such as motor mounts and to retorque your gearcase and powerhead bolts as they may have been stressed. The propshaft should be checked for any wobble over .002"

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.