Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Checking warranty

Does anyone know where I can go to check my warranty.I bought the motor used 2 years ago from a dealer, he told me it was a 2014 etec I found out last year that it actually is a 2015 motor . So I would like to check to see what kind of factory warranty I have.
Admiral

Re: Checking warranty

See a dealer with the serial number and have the dealer transfer your name to the motor registration if that was not done when your purchased it.

Post the model and serial number here to find out which exact engine you have. The outboard industry does not go by model years anymore - only by model number

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

Model number 115DSLAFB. Serial number 5407826
Admiral

[ Edited ]

Your factory warranty expires 6-4-2017 and the B.E.S.T. extended coverage then takes over until 6-4-2019

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

Thank you very much . I appreciate it Blue water Bill