Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Do I have to change the settings from TCW3 to XD100 if i want to use XD100

I just purchased a used boat with a 2015 150 E-Tec.  I previous owned a 2014 115 E-Tec.  The 115 E-Tec was programmed for XD100.  On the 150 I asked the previous owner about the programmed oil but he didn't know what it was programmed for but they had a bottle of TCW3 and the oil looked blue in the oil container.  The TCW3 was not an Evinrude brand, I asked my local dealer about it and they said I could keep using TCW3.  I asked if I should use the XD-50 and they said it could have negative effects on the engine if I changed brands.  Also, I asked if I wanted to use XD-100 would I have to flush the lines and they said yes.  I would like to know if I need to flush the lines if I decide to change to XD-100 and if I decide to stay with TCW3 can i change brands? 

Thank you

Admiral

Re: Do I have to change the settings from TCW3 to XD100 if i want to use XD100

XD-100 is the best oil you can use in your Evinrude E-TEC.

Just allow your present oil tank to run low then add the XD-100. No special procedures are required.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

Re: Do I have to change the settings from TCW3 to XD100 if i want to use XD100

Perfect, I was stressing out because I couldnt find the same brand of oil and the local bealer wanted to charge 450 to flush and change the engine to XD100.

Thanks you for your help.