Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Evinrude Etec 90hp wont crank

I had been fishing the other day and the motor started fine that morning and on several occasions as my family and I moved spots. As mid day approached we decided to stop fishing and swim awhile. The motor recranked fine and was running fine at full speed when it suddenly just cut off without warning. No sputtering or skipping just died. When I tried to restart nothing. Motor wouldnt turn over or trim would not work. Lights, live well, radio and horn all work but nothing on the motor. Checked the battery terminals and they were tight with no corrosion. Also popped cowl and with a testlight have power to the motor. Then took a screwdriver and jumped power between main terminal and secondary starting terminal and engine would then turn. Does this sound like the solenoid or something else. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Admiral

Re: Evinrude Etec 90hp wont crank

We need a bit more information to hazard a guess for you.

What is the engine model number located on the serial number sticker?

Are the gauges turning on with the key switch ?

Have you checked or replaced the 10 amp fuse on the engine? Read your operator's guide.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.