Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

G2 Tilt/Trim noise

I have noticed that the trim is making some noise and it is slow to respond.  I'm thinking that it may need some fluid.  I've checked the manual and see the trim and tilt fill and was just checking to see if there would be any special tools/parts etc... that I'll need to add some fluid.  If this doesn't fix it is there anything else I need to check or is a trip to the dealer in order?  

Typically the most noise and slow movement is at the fully up or fully down position and I noticed it this spring for the first time since I have owned the motor.  Once the motor tilts up a little way it runs flawlessly.  

Thanks in advance for any help for suggestions!

Kevin

Admiral

Re: G2 Tilt/Trim noise

Without being there to see and hear the trim operation, we can only suggest. Check the fluid level per the operator's guide, lube the trim rams and be sure there are no pits, corrosion buildup, or nicks on them, and lube the engine grease fittings. If the noise continues, see your dealer.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Will do, I may try to do a quick YouTube Video so you can see and hear it if that will be helpful.  My dealer is an hour and a half away so I'd like to try and fix it myself if it's something minor...  

Thank you!

Admiral

We do not diagnose motors, we only suggest procedures or point you to another source,

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.