Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Looking for Info on Antique Evenrude Motor

I have an old Evenrude motor that belonged to my Dad much of his life. He passed away 2 years ago at age 81, and this motor is in my garage attic. I would like to pass it along to an antique motor enthusiast, but can't find information about it's value. I'm sure it doesn't currently work and would need TLC and some new parts. I have photos but don't see a way to show them here. Following is a serial number listed on the motor. Any help is appreciated. Thank you 4425-00959 Made in USA.
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Looking for Info on Antique Evenrude Motor

A model 4425 is a  1.5 HP from 1948-51, a popular motor.  Keep in mind that because of the number of older outboards still around, they do not have value like a car of the same year might have.

Condition is everything and needing work and/or missing parts greatly lowers the price.

You can learn more and take advantage of the free classifieds at www.aomci.org

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.