Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Oil leak

Hi

I had the boat for an month and I notice oil stains on my driveway under the e-tech g2 200hp ho

The motor is tilted in trailor position ready for towing to the lake and it leaks under the tilt support area

when I put the motor straight up it doesn't appear to leak

Its clear pinkish colour and the stains on the driveway is an about 3" circle.

Could the be the trim oil

Rob

Admiral

Re: Oil leak

It is possible from the location of the stain. Have your dealer check it out as soon as possible.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Hi

I'm just asking you because you seem to know your evinrude but it is at the boat dealer

I'm not happy that it leaks and could it be an problem down the road

It might be an o-ring or evinrude might want to change the bottom but its up to evinrude how they want to do the repair on the g2

Rob

Admiral

Evinrude will do the right thing when approving the repair. Let us know what the dealer finds out.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Hi

Could the leak be cause by motor bounsing around when towing it

I straighten the motor when towing and notice sometimes the motor is on its side or tilted to the side when I get home

Some of the roads up north of Canada are gravel roads but the fishing is awesome

I haven't heard nothing about the repair but the marine dealer switch motors with me and I'm on the Lake

I don't think they repaired it yet ,thanks for Spirit Marine for putting me back on the water.

Rob

Admiral

For trailering on rough roads, my recommendation is to use a Lock N Haul bracket to stabilize the motor.

www.lock-n-haul.com

Captain

Hi

I talk to the dealer and they didn't repair the motor yet still waiting on evinrude

That's sad that they are taking so long to repair it 

I'm glad my boat guy gave me another motor or I would be still waiting.

Highlighted
Admiral

You may want to call Evinrude After Sales Support and talk to them. Have the serial number and name of dealer available and call 844-345-4277