Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

convert my 2015 25hp etec from tiller to steering

New to the form ( LOVE MY ETEC) I have a 2015 etec 25hp model number E25DRGABF tiller model I want to convert her from a tiller to steering. Here is a list of what I alread have.

Electric start kit 5008836

Etec concealed side mount control

UFLEX - tilt rotary steering Helm, UFLEX Tilt helm< and my steering  wheel.

I Need the right 15ft Wire Harnes, Key Switch with Horn, and control arm.  also Do I have to run a Smart Tach for this size motor?

ALSO I know with some merc you can convert a 25 to a 30HP. Can this be done with ETEC

Admiral

Re: convert my 2015 25hp etec from tiller to steering

The EPA  regulations provide for fines and possible jail time for anyone tampering with the power output or the emissions output of a 1999 or newer motor. Not only that but there are no "chips" that you are describing used in an E-TEC outboard.

Evinrude makes tiller kits available for remote-controlled equipped motors but there is no kit to change from tiller to remote.  You will have to look up the different parts according to your model number at shop.evinrude.com or work with a knowledgeable dealer for the needed items.

The dealer will also have to use his diagnostic software to reprogram the EMM so your  motor knows that it is not a tiller anymore as there are start-in-gear protections that have to changed.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

convert my 2015 25hp etec from tiller to steering

defitnitly not trying to get in trouble 25hp is good enough. Thanks for the info.

Any ideas on the part numbers for a wire harness, key switch with horn, steering arm, and will I need the electric all in one Tach(system ). Or will any Tach work.

thanks again

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: convert my 2015 25hp etec from tiller to steering

Evinrude has several wiring harnesses, keyswitch panels, and tachometers available. It is best to work with your dealer because items come in various lengths and styles.

Be aware that even with a System Check tachometer with the four  LED  warning lights, only the LOW OIL light will be operational with your engine.

Here is a link to an available engine rigging guide that may help you with your project.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/OperatorsGuidesAttachments/OwnersManuals_EJ/attach/Accessories%5C...

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.