At 5800 rpm at 49 mph is that average for that horsepower of this motor

Its 191/2' and 102" beam

Rob

Captain

Re: prop

G2 200 HO

Admiral

I would say that your performance figures are good.  As a comparison, a Mercury Verado 200 HP on the same boat tested by Mercury barely reached 50 mph.  That was on a light boat with probably only one person on board.

Play with engine height and perhaps try a Viper 22" and  a Raker II 22" to see if you get an improvement in speed.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Hi

So the rpm are good for that speed or can it go little higher

Admiral

A 1" greater pitch or even try 2", should still keep you in the operating rpm range which is a minimum of 5400. Unlike standard motors the G2 can run much higher on the transom so start with raising the motor 2 holes and see how it performs. Experiment higher until it starts to blow out in the turns or doesn't feel comfortable.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Hi

I drove my boat and I'm getting 5300 rpm at 48 rpm as automatic trim

When I adjust the trim I can get 5400rpm  at 49 mph

The question I have is the motor runs between 5400 rpm to 6600 rpm for its range

but is it better to run betwween the rpm range then the bottom range for it efficienty

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Ark1 wrote:

Hi

I drove my boat and I'm getting 5300 rpm at 48 rpm as automatic trim

When I adjust the trim I can get 5400rpm  at 49 mph

The question I have is the motor runs between 5400 rpm to 6600 rpm for its range

but is it better to run betwween the rpm range then the bottom range for it efficienty

I'm confused, you stated in your first post that you were getting 5800 rpm.

Your motor can be propped for 5400 to 6000 rpm, not 6600 rpm. For best results 5500-5800 rpm is ideal.

Captain

No right now I have 19 pitch viper at 5300 rpm and getting an 17 pitch viper or is there something better

Admiral

Ark1 wrote:

I have an crestliner 1950 fishhawk  with G200 ho with 21 pitch vipor prop

At 5800 rpm at 49 mph is that average for that horsepower of this motor

Its 191/2' and 102" beam

Ark1 wrote:

No right now I have 19 pitch viper at 5300 rpm and 

getting an 17 pitch viper or is there something better

I'm still confused. You say 5800 at 49 mph with a 21" prop. Then you say 5300 rpm with a smaller pitch 19" prop. Someting does not make sense.

Captain

Its 5300 rpm