Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: prop

Ark1 wrote:

Its 5300 rpm

With which prop and what is the top speed trimmed out?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

I was told by the salemen its was an 21pitch viper but it was 19 pitch viper

Trimmed out at 5300 a 48 mph on the 19 pitch viper

I'm going to put on the 17 pitch viper and hopping this will workout just asking if this is good or is there something better

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The Viper is a great all around propeller for many boats. Theoretically a 17" Viper should result in about 5700 rpm. You can also raise the motor up for less drag, more speed, and more rpm - up to a point. I would recommend raising the motor on the transom first to find the best height and speed, then concentrate on trying different propellers, if needed. Work with your dealer on this.

Keep in mind that finding the best prop for your type of boating is always trial and error, plus a compromise between acceleration and top speed.

If possible try other styles of propellers, if you have to.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Hi

Ok they put on 19" pitch vipor prop getting 5300 rpm at 48 mph

Put on an 17" pitch vipor prop getting 6100 rpm at 51 mph

Do they make an 18" prop

They make rx4 prop for th g2 but all I read is vipor prop

All I ask is info so that I can put the best for my boat to go

Rob

Admiral

That is quite an rpm jump for 2" reduction in pitch. Was the prop reworked?  Try an RX4 prop as the are designed for the G2.

Yes they make a Viper 18 

Captain

RX4 what pitch do u think just asking

Admiral

Propping is trial and error. Start with an 18 RX4 and see where your speed and rpm is at WOT. Talk to your dealer about raising the motor as the G2 can run higher on the transom that other engines including the original E-TECs

Captain

I am working with the dealer but just asking to be in the ball park with what he saying

I know that there not too many crestliner's and g2 out there

I will let u know

Rob

Captain

Hi

I got my boat on the water with another motor G2 200 HO and put on the Vipor 19" pitch and I got 5800 rpm and 

54 mph

I'm very happy and enjoy it with my family

I'm still going to try the rx4 prop just to make sure

Rob

Admiral

Sounds pretty good. Let us know what the RX4 does, see if you can try both sizes, 18" and 20"