Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

2016 300 Etec no power at startup and idle

Brand new 2016 G2 300 Etec starts and runs like it is running on 2 cylinders.  Dealer can't find the issue.  If I turn the key on and wait until it goes through all of the instrument boot up, it usually runs correctly.  Sometimes, extended idle time cause it to go into the no power state.  Occasionally, it won't start at all until I wait for a few minutes to let it think about it.  My Fatrher used to send me to my room to "Think about it" but that never worked either.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 2016 300 Etec no power at startup and idle

See your local dealer as there may be updates for your engine and your dealer can install them as needed or at least check to see if things are current.

There have been some instances of key switches acting up and causing a delay and there is a bulletin about those I believe. Again, your dealer should be able to test and replace if necessary.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.