Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

30 hp water pump

Maybe someone can help me I've got a 2013 E30DTSLAB ser# 05392774 around 100 hours on engine back in shop again water pump # 5 since buying the motor new in 2014 have yet to get 30 hours out of a water pump .  Last spring Evinrude asked dealer for pictures of installation to verify high , on water testing . checked water passages for blockage couldn't find any thing wrong . my dealer is a platinum certified . any suggestions would help before  I over heat

Admiral

Re: 30 hp water pump

[ Edited ]

Do you use a hose and flusher-earmuff fitting on the gearcase water inlets for flushing out your motor after using it ?

Did your dealer give you an engine report that would show you how many times and how hot the engine got when it overheated? There are service code numbers in the report that would indicate if the engine block got too hot or if the EMM was the overheated part.

Has the thermostat and pressure relief valve poppet valve and spring been inspected or replaced?

What do the water pump cups and impellers look like when they have to be replaced? Can you post some clear in-focus pictures of both parts?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Re: 30 hp water pump

After use no for flushing used in fresh water only . Spring and fall yes and all holes are taped . 3 times pump left me stuck on lake my wife and kid don't what to come with me any more . i don't have the reports but the dealer should . Thermostat and springs yes as service bulletin supplied whit kit suggest , as for pictures no i don't , one impeller got so hot there was no fins left they had melted to the stainless cup . I will get hold of dealer tomorrow and ask him to keep the pump parts for me to take pictures and post them .