Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Evinrude G2 RPM very high

Hi, I am from Spain. Yesterday my boat with the E-tec G2 jumped into the water.
We started the outboard and all correctly, but the rpm are at 800rpm as minimum. Besides, the outboard output as explosions. Until 2000rpm the outboard works in this way. In 3000rpm or 4200rpm for example the outboard works perfectly.
Configuration via computer could be?
I dont know how to send a video... and sorry for my bad English
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Evinrude G2 RPM very high

You should be talking with your dealer who rigged the motor to correct your concerns. What rpm does the motor run at full throttle. If it below 5500 rpm, that could be part of the rough running problem.

The technician will need the diagnostic software for the G2 to check and adjust your engine.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.