Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Start up after Winter storage

I have a 2015 G2 300hp and last fall put the boat away and followed the manual as per instructed for winter storage.  Added fuel stabilizer and put in shed for winter.  Took boat out this weekend, with new fuel and boat would not stay running.  Would run for 20 seconds at a time and very rough and smoking.  Would only stay running if I put in neutral and gave it throttle.  Took 10 minutes before it would clear up at least.  Now Will run but rough and only to approx 5100-5200 rpm at full throttle.  Has anyone had this issue.  I now have to drive 4 hours to go to dealer to get serviced and I am not happy with this.  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appriciated !!!   What is normal top rpm on these motors ?

Admiral

Re: Start up after Winter storage

I'm sorry to hear of your experiences the first time out this season.

Your description sounds like a fuel related problem, though I am not there to hear or test your engine.

When you added the fuel stabilizer to the gas tank last year, how long did you run the motor before you activated the auto-winterizing feature?

Your motor should be propped to reach 5400 to 6000 rpm. Because your top rpm is lower than before, it is best to have it checked over by your dealer to avoid any problems developing further.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.