Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Three year sevice

I'm due early next spring for my first service on my e-Tec . It's a 50 hp.  Was wondering what the average cost and time it takes to do it.  Closest dealer is an hour and a half  away  so I will be waiting for it.  Thanks

Captain

Re: Three year sevice

I asked my guy in Pa. and he said around $550. I'm gonna be due 2017-2018. I figure it'll be more like $600-$650 by then. I got a 2014 75hp.
Captain

Who do you go to ?  I live in the Pittsburgh area and was looking at a dealer in West Virginia but I see there is one in new Kensington pa.. Don't know anything about either dealer.  Any help is appreciated.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

We cannot give a price as dealers have different hourly charges and some may have a flat-rate special for the 3 year/300hr. service.

Depending on the engine condition and running environment, here is a list of common parts used in a typical routine service for a 40 throught 60 HP E-TEC.  If in saltwater, there may be anodes and additional parts and labor needed. Don't forget to add gear oil, grease, shop supplies, environmental costs, etc. It is always best to talk to the dealer first for a rough estimate or an explanation of parts and what is performed.

2 Champion spark plugs
1 5005440 Thermo
1 339044 Gasket
1 331188 Oring
1 5007335 Fuel filter
1 5006511 Water pump kit
2 311598 Drain screw washer
1 314502 Cotter pin
1 354190 VST filter
5 348839 clamp
5 320107 tie strap

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

My guy is McGovern Marine in Crowley outside Philadelphia. May be a bit of a ride for you also.
Highlighted
Captain

Oops typo, that's Croydon Pa.