Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Year of outboard

Could anyone tell me what year my evinrude is? Model # RD-28B VIN# J2709322.

thank you so much. Fred, fred_storen@yahoo.com

Admiral

Re: Year of outboard

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

Just purchased an older boat and trying to figure out the specs of my motor. All markings point towards an OMC and has no name or hp decals on the cover. Below are the markings that I have found but have matched up with no luck.

The block tag shows G3226780.

Stampings on the mountIng bracket show the following numbers:
07LR1

Any help is appreciated so I can learn more about what I am working with.
Highlighted
Admiral

Nsalexander79 wrote:
Just purchased an older boat and trying to figure out the specs of my motor. All markings point towards an OMC and has no name or hp decals on the cover. Below are the markings that I have found but have matched up with no luck.

The block tag shows G3226780.

Stampings on the mountIng bracket show the following numbers:
07LR1

Any help is appreciated so I can learn more about what I am working with.

Post pictures of the sides, front and back, of the powerhead section, in focus with good exposure, then a shot of the whole side of the motor and the back, from flywheel to propeller.

From those images we may be able to narrow it down.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.