Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

2 stroke

Will Evinrude bring back their 9.9 in 2 storke

Admiral

Re: 2 stroke

I doubt very much that the traditional carbureted 2-stroke 9.9-15 HP would return due to the current EPA emission regulations.

There has been talk over the years about a 9.9-15 E-TEC design but it would be heavier and much more expensive than other 9.9-15 HP outboards available today, but it is feasible. 

If a new model E-TEC is introduced, you can read about it here.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

It would be the best 9.9 out there if they did release an etec version of it
Even if it is more money than the others it would be almost fail proof and less maintenance than a four stroke
Mate

What was the last year they made the 2 stroke 9.9

Admiral

marco1895 wrote:

What was the last year they made the 2 stroke 9.9

The 9.9 and 15 HP outboard family was  in production from 1974 through 2007.  The stricter EPA regulations doomed that immensely popular carburetor-equipped 2-stroke outboard.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

It seems I have been seeing guys running around with an Evinrude 9.9 four stroke kicker this year. It looks very similar to the mercury pro-kicker but with Evinrude cowling.. Can someone direct me to where I can find some information on this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Admiral

Webstj wrote:

It seems I have been seeing guys running around with an Evinrude 9.9 four stroke kicker this year. It looks very similar to the mercury pro-kicker but with Evinrude cowling.. Can someone direct me to where I can find some information on this?

Thanks

http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/engines/portables/portables.html#tab=0