Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper
Accepted Solution

2015 150etec pushing big boat need help with prop

I had a 1994 285 pro xl put new 2015 evinrude etec boat was awsome out if hole no prob got 57 top speed.well got new used 2004 201 pro xl I listened to few boat nuts said motor would be ok well it's ok with little water in livewells will get on plain ok if I have full wells no go can't get on plain if true to props. Racket 11. 14.5x24 no go. Cyclone 14x20 4 blade no go.im about 850 in props I know boats to big but it's all I have pated14,000 for motor 3 years ago it's no played of any good info wou ld help thanks hard core bass man
Admiral

Re: 2015 150etec pushing big boat need help with prop

What is the maximun rpm and mph  trimmed out for top seed?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

5600 top speed 57 boats not bad without weight to much water in wells and gas it's a pig on plain awsome
Skipper

Hi bluewaterbill you have any ideas for smaller diameter prop or different pitch
Skipper

I hear the renegade 13.5 x21 pitch is what came on the 150 for the 201 prox its a 2004l
Admiral

[ Edited ]

I was asking what rpm and top speeds you were getting with the "new" boat when you tried those various props that you listed.

There are no more yearly designations for outboard motors. All major companies use model numbers for identification. What is the model number on yours?

Did a dealer perform the rigging along with a fuel restriction and bubble test on the motor?  There could be something out of spec on the motor, and a compression test, cylinder balance test, and a fuel pressure test, throttle linkage-tps travel and voltage inspection,  and fuel restriction may reveal an abnormality.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Hi Mike,

Can you give us your current setup? Prop to pad, WOT RPM and water pressure? You may indeed need to try the 21P Gade for hole shot. You should also pick up a weed ring (diffuser ring) that installs into the inside of the gearcase housing to channel the exhaust gas thru the prop instead of over it..

Skipper

New boats rpms 5600 full speed it's only 150 pushing almost 21 foot bass boat.good pressure on plain .motor was checked 3 months ago everything is fine on the computer I pro need 225 ho but there's only few evinrude dealers around me in ct the bums I got motor from atlantic marine they only have g2 225 I want 225 ho reg any ideas there as well
Skipper

Thanks panhandlefred and bluewater bill I'll give these a try I looking for renagad 4 blade 13.5 x21 pitch