Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

2016 G2 250 dies with no code

I have been having an intermittant problem with my 2016 G2 250. While cruisiing it will just die at random times. No codes thrown. It just dies as if the kill switch was pulled. I put it in neutral and it usually starts back up. This last Sunday coming back to weigh in for a tournament it did it five times in a mile stretch. After the third time it would not start. I turned off the boat ( Ranger 520) and back on. It started up and I got back to the ramp with it dying a couple more times. 

Admiral

Re: 2016 G2 250 dies with no code

If you have the dashboard keypad instead of a keyswitch, that  could be an intermittent problem that your boat dealer may have to solve.

If you have a traditional keyswitch, then there may be service literature or bulletins about that. See your Evinrude dealer concerning the engine stopping issues.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thanks it's the dash keypad.

Captain

I had a similar problem, it would shut off at idle. Try a file filter
Highlighted
Captain

Fuel