Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

300 evenrude G2

I had a new 300 G-2 professionally put  on a new Dusky boat that I just bought. I brought it home and before i could even get it in the water i tried to turn on the engine and got a code 136 saying it was waiting for neutral. IT WAS IN NEUTRAL!! Then after  turning it off and on trying to get it to go away I got a code 151. WHAT THE _ _ _ _ !!!  I thought this engine was suppossed to be the best of the best and after finding this forum I am finding that there are a lot of people getting the same errors. Any suggestions except the obvious one which is bring it back to the guy I got it from and have them fix it ?

Admiral

Re: 300 evenrude G2

[ Edited ]

We are sorry to hear that your new Evinrude has not lived up to your expectations.  The nice thing about this website is that you do not have to post multiple questions to attain an answer for your situation. You will find our original response to your query in the OWNERS ZONE forum.

Was the motor installed by an authorized Evinrude dealer or by someone else and did you sign and recieve a copy of the Pre-delivery information (PDI) form? That is the document stating that the dealer installed the motor correctly and tested it. 

The code 136 is for excessive exhaust temperature. Depending on your engine's model and serial there may be a service bulletin concerning an updated temperature sensor to eliminate false alarms. 

We do recommend that you return to your authorized dealer to have your motor inspected and tested to avoid any future situations like this. If you have issues with the dealer or getting it serviced, please send an email to brp.care@brp.com with the serial number, dealer name, and your contact information so we can look into this for you. 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

Ok so here is the newest problem with this engine. After all the updates were done to this motor the marine center took the boat for a sea trial. they said they made a couple of turns then all the sudden they could not turn the boat. It would only turn one way then back to straite. They called me and said that the Helix dropped out of it proper location. ARE YOU F_______G KIDDING ME !!!!! I have owned this brand new engine on my boat for almost 2 months and have taken it out 1 time. What a piece of CRAP. I DEFINENTLY MADE A TERRIBLE DECISSION TO BUY THIS MOTOR!!!! I NEW I SHOULD OF WENT WITH A YAMAHA. Now they have to get a new steering unit that thank GOD it is under warrenty and wait even more time. Thanks Evenrude for putting out a piece of crap engine before the bugs were worked out. You should be ashamed of this product.........  At this point i would accept a full refunde and let me take my money and get a Yamaha!!!

Admiral

I cannot blame you for being frustrated and aggravated at this time. Please accept our apologies for the experiences that you have encountered.

Please ask your dealer to contact his Evinrude Dealer Support Team right away about the motor's issues. Also please send the engine serial number in an email to  brp.care@brp.com with your contact information and a brief description of the engine history. They will look into the situation for you.

Can you post your serial number or send it to me by private message so I can follow up on your situation?

Again I am sorry for the inconveniences that you had to put up with and Evinrude will do everything they can to get you back on the water quickly, the engine operating as it should, and to keep you as a satisfied customer.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

how do I send you a private message?

Admiral

nmtb12345 wrote:

how do I send you a private message?

click on my name " BluewaterBill" and on the right side of the page you will see 

click on that link

Admiral

Hi,

I received your private message but wonder if you could recheck that serial number.  Look at the sticker on the motor itself and compare that serial number to the one you gave me, please.

Thank you.