Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
GEB
Captain

Evinrude unveils 150, 175 and 200hp G2

Hi All,

Evinrude unveils 150, 175 and 200hp G2 

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/boating-bits/evinrude-unveils-150-175-and-200hp-g2-outboards#vSClSldu...

Cheers

GEB

Skipper

Re: Evinrude unveils 150, 175 and 200hp G2

Thought i have to wait untill Tampa.. bet there still more still to come.. Bring on the specs and the reviews !!

Admiral

It looks like another home run for Evinrude. The small block series (2.7L now) G2 motors are remarkable. Now you can get power steering, automatic trim, and digital controls all the way down to 150 HP motor.

The 150 and the others are very powerful for their rating and are outstanding on fuel economy. Effort was expended in quieting them even more and they were successful. The power curve has gobs of low end torque and a flat horsepower curve for reaching its rated power early in the rpm range.

In a test against the new Yamaha 200 HP the Evinrude E-TEC G2 150 HP could plane a 25' offshore boat on one engine to 30 mph where the 200 HP more powerful Yamaha could not.

You will see more great news about the motor in the coming weeks.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Can't seem to find any specs on the new motors. Anybody know anything about weight etc?

Admiral

[ Edited ]

GEB wrote:

Hi,

Here are links to all the specifications sheets:

Cheers

GEB

Thanks, GEB

You beat me to it.

Were you at the introduction?  If so I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet you

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
GEB
Captain

Hi Bill,

Actually I can't claim all the credit. I copied and pasted them from another forum. I never would have found them otherwise. Lots of concern from the repower guys, about the weight, on other forums.

My 2cents, Evinrude is focused on the new boat / motor packages with these new G2's.

Cheers

GEB

GEB
Captain

Sorry, missed your question. No unfortunately I wasn't there but watched it all on Evinrude Facebook Page.
Maybe one day I'll get there.
Cheers
GEB
Captain

Thanks, now all I need to do is to convince the wife that we need to swap our 2014 150 E-tec which ,by the way has been excellent so far. I'll even let her choose the coloursSmiley Happy

One question, I see that steering is only mentioned as "Remote" on the 150. No integrated powersteering available on this model?

Admiral

DracoGT wrote:

I see that steering is only mentioned as "Remote" on the 150. No integrated powersteering available on this model?

There are 3 versions 150 E-TEC this year. The original G1 series is still around plus a G2 model with iTrim and power digital steering that looks just like the larger G2 Evinrudes. A third model is the G2 powerhead mounted on a Fast-Trak midsection. On that one you can use either a cable or traditional  hydraulic steering. It is priced between the 2 other models.