Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Identifying my outboard

Hi All,

Ive just acquired a boat and motor and can't find an actual year and type for the motor. Was wondering if anyone could ID for me with these pictures. Im a bit confused because i can find the 'Starflite' and the 'Four-Fifty' but this has both decals and i can't find one that looks like this. Serial number is 50514 05073. Any help would be very appreciated. Cheers

WIN_20161205_180808.JPGWIN_20161205_180808.JPGWIN_20161205_180743.JPG

Admiral

Re: Identifying my outboard

That is a 1958  50 HP. The very first V4 outboard motor and the progenitor of the V4, V6 & V8 series of Johnson and Evinrude outboards. That is a classic.

You can obtain the service manual at www.outboardbooks.com and find out much information and have a source of parts from the members of the Antique Outboard Club,  www.aomci.org 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

Awesome. Thanks for the confirmation mate.

She runs too!!! Couldn't believe it when it started

Thanks again

Admiral

If you restore it, post pictures of the project

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.