Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

RX-4 prop

Any news or info about this new prop? Suppose to be for the G2 but I heard it would work on the ETEC.

Captain

Re: RX-4 prop

Is brand new and I have not run one yet but after studying the pictures carefully blades look to be reworked renegade. Which likely means too much blade area and too much cup for any fast rig. If application is something crazy heavy that lacks lift ala most big name bass or flats boats it might work okay.

Captain

Hi, they would be available from the US dealer's is my guess-give your local one a call. Yes you "heard" right with the correct hub (P/N 177283) they will fit the V6 G1 E-TEC's. The RX4 is not aimed at the go fast crowd, the new Raker HO prop with VVP is the one for the go fast boats but if you are talking about the serious fast crowd (80+ MPH) it still would not compete with a true HP prop, but I doubt anyone of the high peformance prop shops have fitted any to a G2 yet.

Cheers,

Huey.

Captain

The investment casting tooling for making propellers in production quantities is crazy expensive I don't fault Evinrude for reusing and tweaking the Rengade tooling. Now if somebody there would just get their act together and update the RX and the Shooter so they ran like ones that have been worked by DAH they would have something.

Mate

Better yet would be a high performance lower unit!!!

Captain

[ Edited ]

I am conflicted. I want to see a small diameter low water pickup improved aspect ratio 1.6x case real bad but I want to see Evinrude provide some direction to the halfwit dealers that are out there or those guys will be mounting them on pontoons, bay boats and random barges like they did with the lightning. Evinrude has wandered so far away from high performance stuff in the last 25 years that the vast majority of the current dealers have zero experience with 70mph+. They are going to need lots of help if Evinrude decides to pursue the market.

Mate

I have a RX4 15x22 on a 2017 Triton 206 Allure with etec G2 250HO. I have two observations.

1. The hole shot is lacking. It moves out ok and planes off the heavy boat ok but off the line our 22’ Harris LSI 2000 deck boat kicks the Triton’s butt. So, NOT neck breaking hole shot.

2. At times when going forward slowly and then sifting into reverse there’s nothing! The prop blows out sucks air and there’s no reverse thrust. Very unnerving!

Any suggestions ???