Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

What year is my 15hp Electric Start Evinrude

What year was my 15 hp Electric start Evinrude?

model:  E15ECSD

s/n:  E0001662

Great motor - runs well - also, if you can tell me what was in the rectangle on the front of the fiberglass cover?  where can I buy replacement?

Thank you

Admiral

Re: What year is my 15hp Electric Start Evinrude

1980 model

The part you want is no longer available, try various dealer if they have old parts or scrap motors.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

Re: What year is my 15hp Electric Start Evinrude

Thank you for the information.

Dick Russell