Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

thrust washer/hub kit

Hello, 

I have a one year old Alumacraft Competitor Sport 175 with an Etec 115 long (25-inch) shaft model (E115DGXAFH  S.N. 5478459), which I am still trying to find the correct prop for.  Over the winter I picked up a couple used SS (One is a Viper, the other is stamped SST) with the (I believe according to a BRP propellers/quick reference guide) correct part numbers for my motor.  

1) The Viper is stamped 176626 (current p/n 763914 ???) is 14 3/4 X 17 

2) The SST is stamped 176617 (current p/n 763918 ???) is 14 3/4 X 19

My questions are:

Should I replace the complete hub kit due to the age of these props?

The thrust washer's outer diameter presently (Turning Point propeller) used does not appear to be sufficient for the Evinrude props - what would be the correct part number for the appropriate thrust washer?

Thanks for this and any other advice in figuring out the right prop.  I love the Etec but would like to be able to get a bit more than 5400 RPM (+-) at WOT.

Admiral

Re: thrust washer/hub kit

[ Edited ]

Using the factory correct hub, thrust washer and prop hardware is very important for the Viper. We cannot advise you on non-Evinrude props or parts.

You do want your engine to run in the 5600-6000 rpm range at full throttle for best results and longevity.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

[ Edited ]

thank you for your reply.  I do realize that the correct hub kit is essential.  I was likely not clear in my question but this is precisely why I asked it.  

The used props are both Evinrude parts and I am asking for the correct Evinrude part numbers for hub kit/thrust washers to use with these props on my Etec 115 long shaft.

Thank you

Skipper

I realize using the factory correct parts is essential, hence my questions.

I am not asking for any advise to utilize non-Evinrude part.

Exactly,  my reason for wanting to test these other props is precisely to attain the most desireable RPM. 

Highlighted
Admiral

I think you will find what you need starting on page 10. Sorry it took so long to get this to you.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/OperatorsGuidesAttachments/OwnersManuals_EJ/attach/Accessories%5C...

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.