Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

2007 etec 115 sounds louder then I remember

Hey Guy's sorry to keep pestering you for answers and insight.

My motor doesn't sound right to me, seems  louder then I remember it being last yr. I replaced thermostats, filters, vapor seperator filter, impeller, and plugs but just doesn't purr, would a bad injector make that happen and I'm not really sure how to test them. I thought about unplugging them 1 at a time and seeing if there was a difference in sound. Also want to pull the plugs and see if they are burnning right or not. Boats still in the water hoping to try something there before pulling it. 

Again as always I appreciate your time and knowledge

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 2007 etec 115 sounds louder then I remember

Unless it is a loud clang, rattle, or clunk,  sounds are subjective.

If you hear the motor sound slightly different around 4000 rpm and higher, it may be when the exhaust tuning valve moves from  its low speed to high speed position. That is normal for all Evinrude E-TEC V4 engines.

Make sure your motor turns close to 5600-5800 rpm at full throttle with an average load of people, fuel, and gear.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.