Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

2015 115 HP E-TEC Remote Oil Tank Mounitng

I have an 115HP E-TEC Pontoon Series engine. The remote Oil tank is currently mounted in a battery box at the rear transom beside my battery in the center on the pontoon. This is a real pain to check oil level and fill the tank when empty. I would like to move the oil tank to an enclosed dry compartment that is directly above where the tank is currently located.  I don't have to disconnect the oil line or wiring to make this install. The new location is about 18 inches higher than the curent install. (This would put the bottom of the oil tank near the same level as the top of the outboard.) I would like to also get rid of the battery box and use the OEM mounting hardware. Would this be acceptable . I don't want to do anything that would compromise my factory warranty. 

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 2015 115 HP E-TEC Remote Oil Tank Mounitng

[ Edited ]

As long as you do not tip the tank over which could allow air into the system, you should be OK.  Having the tanks above the engine level could cause a siphon type of problem or trap air in very rare circumstances - just so that you are aware of that. It is recommended that the oil tank be at or below the level of the motor cover.

There is also optional remote fill system and a remote oil level gauge kit that is available. See your dealer for more info and pricing.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.