Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

2017 150 HP G1

I was told.by a marina that Evinrude is using the same computer tune in a new 150 G1 that was used in 150 HO G1 because they discontinued the HO in the 150 HP. Is there any truth to that ? Are the 150 G1's putting out closer to 160 ish ?
Admiral

Re: 2017 150 HP G1

Same computer "box" but different software.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

So is it safe to say that 150hp is it's max hp ? Not sure why they told me it's similar to the 150 HO was.

Also, I am researching a prop starting point and was curious if my new 150 G1 has the same lower unit gearing as my 2007 115 G1 or very close ?

Thanks

Admiral

We need exact engine model numbers to give you accurate answers.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Model #E150DGLAB   Serial #05514856  Thanks!

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Your engine is the regular 150 HP, not the HO model. Yours has essentially the same gear ratio as the high-performance HO L2 gearcase.

Skipper

Thanks, I realize it's not an HO model and my understanding they are no longer available in the 150 hp G1. My question is specific to it's max hp regardless of the rpm it's reached at. Can you devulge if it is the same as the factory Dynograph done back in 2007-2008 time frame.

Admiral

I believe there was a slight change in the dyno curve with or after the 2012 models because of the revised EPA emission gathering procedures that were implemented.

Skipper

Thanks, Bill.

Skipper

One more thing sir. Can you tell me what Service Manual I need for the above model and is this the most current model ? I forgot to look for a manufactured date before I dropped it off at the Marina. I read you stopped using dates and go by model or serial number. I have a 2007 Service manual but assume there has been changes although probably minor, thanks.