Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun

2017 Evinrude Etec 25hp tiller

Dear readers.Thank you for answering my problem.I bought my new Etec 25hp this spring and I did not order electric start and auto trim on the motor.I never realized at the age of 64 what a problem it is putting the motor in shallow mode or pulling the cord to start the motor.I should have realized that a motor that weighs 150lb is not going to be easy to perform these tasks.Can I still add those factory options?If I can what would you think the cost would be?I have owned Evinrudes & Johnson motors all my life and I have to say this is one of the best outboard motors that I have owened.Thank you for taking the time to answer my ? See you out on the lake. Billy

Re: 2017 Evinrude Etec 25hp tiller

Talk to your dealer. It is probably to your advantage to trade in your motor for the model you want.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.