Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

300 G2 powerhead replacement

I have a 2015 300 G2 that has been a lemon with a host of problems and downtime with steering and other stuff.

Now at approx 600 hours and lots of knock codes, the powerhead is shot and a new one on the way along with some fuel mixing box I can't recall name of.

The weird thing is they are expecting my service guy to reinstall the same injectors which may be suspect in causing the problem. Really?

And with only 100 hours on them, half of my plugs had iridum pads missing. BRP admits there is a plug issue out there but won't discuss the chicken and egg of what caused what. They don't seem to tell service dealer much at all.

This whole thing is like the twilight zone and I am shocked they don't just replace the whole engine considering all my problems and the bad press I am spreading.

My suggestion.... Don't buy a BRP product

Admiral

Re: 300 G2 powerhead replacement

We are dismayed to hear about the issues your motor has experienced as that is rare to have that number of problems. The Evinrude E-TEC G2 300 HP has been well received and is been a great performer.

Please accept our apologies and send an email with the engine serial number, dealer name, and brief history of your motor. They will look into things for you.

http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

They just send you some canned reply and tell you to talk to dealer but they are not helping dealer very well and I want to know what is going on.

Mate

No response to that huh....

Go figure

Admiral

They will check on your claim but at this time of year, during the peak of the boating season, they may be very busy and it may require patience.

Talk to your technician to see if they can contact Evinrude dealer support and go to bat for you.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

How long did it take for new powerhead  to be installed. im on on day 50.

Mate

It pretty sad I ve missed several tournment and one really amazing tuna bite. not including 30 trip I canceled with friends and family. plus cost of slips and permits.   I went with these new motors not to have problem they have nothing,  but problems. I have beautiful boat if you like 100k lawn art. the dealer lawn at that. I m very frustrated . Think it time to change .   

Admiral

Post your engine serial number and dealer name and location.