Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: Any benefits to a 4 blade on 250 G2

Good information, thank you?  What kind of top end are you seeing w/ that 20p?

Ranger Ryan
Captain

BluewaterBill,

Here he are the latest results:

PERFORMANCE
3 Blade 14-7/8x22
59.1 MPH
5600 RPM

Rx4 15x22
59.8 MPH
5710 RPM

Rx4 15x24
63 MPH
5610 RPM

What do you think? Has she got anymore left in her?

Ryan

Ranger Ryan
Admiral

RangerRyan wrote:

Rx4 15x22
59.8 MPH
5710 RPM

Rx4 15x24
63 MPH
5610 RPM

What do you think? Has she got anymore left in her?

Ryan

I sure looks like the 24" made the boat come alive. As I always preach, and you are finding out, propping for peak performance is trial and error.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

Just purchased a Starcraft SCX 231 OB with 250 HO G2 and RX4 22' pitch.  Hole shot is amazing. top end with 3 on board so far is 55mph.  No smoke at all.  Incredibly suprised at how queit this sophisticated outboard is.   Love my choice so far. I am going to check my rpm today at top end.  IMG_20161005_142217306(1).jpg

Captain

Very nice boat and G2 combo!!
Ranger Ryan
Admiral

Great color coordination ! 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

Have you ever gotten a new prop for your boat ranger Ryan?
Highlighted
Mate

Oops sorry I found it sorry new to this