Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: Any benefits to a 4 blade on 250 G2

BluewaterBill, I just ordered a 15x22 RX4.  It does not come with a hub kit.  Can you tell me what hub kit part# I need to order? (250 G2)

Ranger Ryan
Admiral

P/N 767683 G2 TBX hub kit 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Ordered...now to get you the performance numbers!

Ranger Ryan
Mate

I run a 620FS with a 4 blade 24P RX4.   This prop hold the weight of my heavier hull even at lower speeds.  Top End perfomance was not hurt.    I'm able to get mid sixties with a fully loaded boat.  

Captain

Good information EdStachowski!  I'll try the 15x22 soon after it arrives.  Depending on RPM's, I may order a 15x24 to try.  Any idea what RPM's you're running ?image.jpeg

Ranger Ryan
Captain

BluewaterBill,

Here are the performance numbers:

3 Blade 14-7/8x22
5600 RPM

Rx4 15x22
5710 RPM

As you can see, I didn't lose anything with the 4 blade. More RPM and a hair in speed. I do feel I had faster bow lift and it maintained lift. I did bump 60 mph with the wind to my back. The noticeable difference was turning sharp and accelerating in turns...NO SLIP whatsoever! That 4 blade definitely has a different sound.

Note: I did also have the vent ports opened full during testing.

I'm anxious to try any further recommendations!!  24 or 26??

Ranger Ryan
Admiral

You can try a 24 but the revs may be lower than the recommended 5400

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Ok, I've got a 24 pitch on the way.  I'll report back soon...

Ranger Ryan
Captain

BluewaterBill, I've been thinking about your statement regarding RPM's with the RX4 24P.  Do you feel I'm getting it all with the RX4 22P based on the information provided?

Ranger Ryan
Mate

I have a 2015 Ranger 620FS that came with the 250HO G2 and a RX4 x 22P.  It was in the middle of June and I could only get 5400 RPMs out of the motor, which seemed low.  The dealer let me try a Rebel 3 blade x 21 P and it was terrrible, blew out easy and seemed very loose.  Put back on the RX4 and it was like having 4 wheel drive.  Better grip, could trim it all the way up without any blow out, and significantly more stable handling.  Ended up with a RX4 20P and got my R's up to 5800 however the only thing I noticed was my GPH went up.