Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Best way to keep rigging costs down on a G2

Is anyone else having trouble quoting a price when a customer asks "What is the price of a 150 G2 rigged and ready to go"?
It used to be easy, control box, cables, and a few gauges. If one was rigging twin 300's on a $60,000 boat then it's fairly easy, 7 inch display, dual binacle, a few fuel/pressure sensors. Rigging wouldn't be much cost of the total package.
Now with the 150 G2 being rigged on a 10 year old 20 foot center console boat, rigging cost can be a larger percentage of the total cost.
I'm having to spend a good bit of time on each sale to quote various rigging options to the customer. Just wondering if other dealers are having trouble with this.
The E-rig tool can be some help but it needs some changes to be more useful.
Admiral

Re: Best way to keep rigging costs down on a G2

Some dealers put together a very basic rigging package, and a couple more packages that are more deluxe.  That way you can quote a standard price then give the customer an option for upgrading to fancier controls and/or displays.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Least expensive way that I see is with the basic digital control, systemcheck tach & aftermarket prop.

Next step would be premium control box & the 3.5" gauge. 

Then you can upgrade to -

GPS, 4.3CTS, H2O pressure sensor, .......

Captain

Thanks for the advice. I put together a couple of package lists today. I've done a couple of 150's with the basic control and analog gauges and a 250 with premium control, 3.5 display and sensors. With all the choices I try to see the boat a couple of weeks ahead of time and plan the options and gauge lay out with the customer. So far on my G2 installs I've been re skinning the dash with a clear plexiglass panel that I paint either white or black on the back side to give the helm an updated look.
My new challenge is a bass boat that wants to retain the classic look with his round gauges and have his hotfoot. Am I correct that the premium CSM and 4.3 CTS are the minimum to have hot foot to hand throttle switching? I'm working on several packages with him, from all analog with the control converter, maybe adding the 3.5 display (if we can find a place to put it) or possibly an E-rig instead. All the way up to a full digital setup.
Captain

The ICON 3.5c display supports hand/foot throttle switching, I have this on my rig.

Highlighted
Admiral

Rickmcd53,

Please PM me for any specific questions that you may have concerning rigging or the e-rig system. 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.