Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Can anyone help me ID this motor ??

Hello There !! 

My son and I just bought an old 74 glastron boat and are going to fix it up for fishing .  I know nothing about outboard motors and need to buy a manual for the one on the boat but the serial number plate is blank. the numbers are worn off. It is not a metal plate with rivets, or even metal with the numbers stamped on. It's just smooth and blank.It's a 100 hp evinrude commercial, or so the cover says . I checked the freeze out plug for numbers but that's blank too. Even the starter has no label or numbers on it. I am attaching some photo's in the hope some one can ID this.  I appreciate any and help in this matter......................seems the photo's will ot load on this site.  If anyone is interested i can e-mail the photo's directly to you.

Admiral

Re: Can anyone help me ID this motor ??

To post images on this site, click on HELP in the upper right of the page, then select the IMAGE links on the left side of the new page.

We need to see well focused images of the front, back, top, and both sides of the powerhead itself, and also the decals on the sides of the engine cover and the gearcase and midsection.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

Seems the photo's are too large ( too many K )  I will need to try to take other photo's. some time.

Admiral

You can resize the photos to an 800 by 600 pixel size by using almost any photo software program.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Highlighted
Mate

I had a similar problem with my 25 hp. I jast wrote down as many part numbers as I could find on things like coils, fuel pump, carbs etc... then cross referenced them.

Is it a 3cyl or V4? I seem to rememeber the glastrons of that era coming with 75hp 3cy "stingers". But thats just a wild guess.