Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Constant gauge beeping alarm but no fault codes

First post so apologies for any etiquette errors.

I have a constant alarm coming from my gauge for my port engine (E-Tec 250hp R250DCXSOC) 2005. However I have run the diagnostics and it shows no active faults. Could this be a problem with the gauge?

The gauge has 1.5g on the readout although no fuel sender is connected. When I do connect the fuel sender it does not register any fuel level and the beeping continues.

I have checked the sender works by connecting it to the gauge for my starboard engine and it registers fine, but should it sound alarm with no fuel sender connected

Any thoughts on what it may be and if it is possible to fix. I am in Samoa in the middle of the South Pacific and there are no dealers/service people I can get to come look at it. I would have to fly them in from New Zealand so really hoping to be able to sort it!

The alarm is a continuous beeping. When I press the centre M button it shuts off but then comes back on a short time later.

It is the evinrude/faria gauge with tacho reading and a small LCD below with an up and down arrow and a M in the middle. It may be an I-command classic but it does not come say I-command on the display on start-up but don't know if they are all meant to.

Please let me know if you need any more info as I have probably left things out but any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
Admiral

Re: Constant gauge beeping alarm but no fault codes

Is that gauge an ICON Pro model as pictured in this brochure?

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/OperatorsGuidesAttachments/OwnersManuals_EJ/attach/Accessories/76...

If not, it may be the old Commander type gauge which is obsolete, but you may still be able to get it serviced by Faria.

https://fariabeede.com/2-pages/products_marine.php

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.