Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

E-Link Questions

Can anyone educate the forum on the advantages and benefits of E-Link equipment & technology?  My local reps, both service and after-sales, are not that in-tune just yet.  

Ranger Ryan
Skipper

Re: E-Link Questions

From what i understand it is a wifi device that will sync with most android and ios devices.

It will have most of the functionality of the Icon touch displays as far as reading all the engines values and if there are any faults. And is designed for the G2 engines.

From what i understand you will also be able to change steering, itrim, and auto winterize features from the device.

I think you will also be able to send engine reports with the app.

I have no used one yet this is just what i have gathered from reading about it and talking to some people who have used it.

Captain

I have the 3.5" gauge already.  Not sure of the value?  Now, if the engine was being monitored via satellite and picks up on a fault code or failure and notified customer via email as to how important the repair is to having looked at and might also in the same message attach a case file and dealer information based on location, that would be sweet.

Ranger Ryan
Highlighted
Skipper

No one is actively monitoring it, that would kill the data on your cell phone.

There is an option to send a engine report although i do not know where that ends up.  If it does straight to evinrude or you can choose where it goes to, hopefully both.

For those who have only one statoin and have the nice color screen already they benefit is going to minimal.  For those looking at possibly having to buy another gauge for a second station or are just using more basic gauges this would be a much more cost effective option then having to buy one of the color displays at 3-7x the cost of the elink.