Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Etec150DPXSEA Oil Recirculation Hose

Recently while having a devil of a time removing my fuel filter on the port side I noticed a oil line was disconnected from a check valve.  After finally getting the filter off I attempted to reconnect the line at the check valve, however the hose was so brittle it just broke into.  So I looked to see where the hose went to at the top of the engine and it appeared to just be draped in a small port hole of some type.  I have looked over and over and cannot see where the hose would have been connected.  I downloaded a service manual and it shows the hose just stuck in the port hole with not explanation of how it connects.

Again, this hose is on the port side of the engine and it runs from a connection at the bottom of the engine (crankcase?up to the top of the engine with one check valve in the middle.  I think it is considered a recirculation hose.

Any suggestions of how that hose should be connected at the top of the engine?

Thanks,

Ron

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Etec150DPXSEA Oil Recirculation Hose

If the hose broke, check it and the others carefully and replace any damaged or suspect ones.

The main bearing recirculation hose attaches at the top of the cylinder block just aft of the flywheel.

Lower to upper main bearing oil flow:
Oil moves from the lower main bearing cavity to
an external hose with in-line check valve and to
the upper main bearing. Additional oil from the
rear oil manifold is supplied to this oil circuit on V6
models.
Oil moves from Intake manifold passages to external
check valve fittings and hoses and to the
upper main bearing.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.