Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: Etec3 year service prices

Not sure how regular maintenance counts as "trouble". As for my opinion on 5 hours of labor, I would've asked up front to detail how each of the items added up to 5 hours. As you said yourself, you changed the anodes and two filters beforehand. I bet that cost you an hour of labor that I would've demanded they refund.
2017 Tidewater 1910 Baymax
Evinrude 150HO (M: E150HGXABH S/N: 05500627H MFDate: 6/17)
Captain

LOL, really doubt they will do that. Like I said, I have 2 years on my extended warranty remaining so when I need this again I'll order the parts and do all I know I can do but my local N&B marine can do my water pump and plugs as I'm uncomfortable doing those my self. The blow off valve I could have done but I knew it felt it should be under warranty and it was. The thermostat I could have done as well as the lower unit, which I did each fall before laying up. Thanks for your input!
Captain

Mate

I just paid 531 for a 150 3weeks ago, 270 was labor, 3 hours.

Captain

That is a $90 hourly rate whis my guy charged $115 an hour. I could live with that differance because of being in New Jersey but 3 hours compared to 5 is crazy. I'm going to call Evinrude to find out how many hours should be charged for as well as complain again to RIPTIDE MARINE CENTER in Bayville NJ about the hours I was charged for. It seems like I've been RIPPED OFF !!!!!!!

61woody wrote:

I just paid 531 for a 150 3weeks ago, 270 was labor, 3 hours.