Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Fuel Line Routing 2001 Evinrude 50 4-stroke = small filter line

The engine is the 2001 50hp 4 stroke.

There is a thin fuel line from the top of the engine (fuel pump?) that circles to the back of the engine and then low until it has a small disc filter and about 5 inches of black plastic hose. The end with the filter came off its connector at some point and it leaking fuel, a strong stream when I squeeze the gas tank line bulb. Does anyone know where that free end, the one with the disc filter, connects? No diagram I can find has that info, nor the Climer manual.

I spent a couple hours looks for an open connector without luck. Any help would be appreciated!

kbalazo

Admiral

Re: Fuel Line Routing 2001 Evinrude 50 4-stroke = small filter line

Use this link to find the 2001 parts list for the 50hp fuel lines, fuel pump, and vapor separator tank

http://shop2.evinrude.com

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Thank you for the link, but that is the one I looked at first (at Evinrude factory parts). If you go to the fuel pump and separator page and find #28 you will see it deadends. That is the end I need to find the connector for on the engine. There is no schematic or exploded drawing I found yet that has where #28 connects.

Thanks anyway!

Skipper

Sorry...I forgot to include the engine info, but here is the specific link to the parts page I referred to...

http://shop2.evinrude.com/Index.aspx?s1=knhrfpr0chem5cfrfjq775ic62&catalog_id=0&siteid=1

Skipper

Link does not go to the specific page, bu it is the 2001 Evinrude 50 HP 4 stroke E50LP4SIR
Admiral

Even a service manual does not show all the fuel lines or how they are routed.  If you cannot find where it attaches, chances are it is behind the intake manifold. Those rebadged motors are not the easiest to service. They were made by Suzuki back then.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

I am hoping someone has some knowledge of this hookup. Even a service tech needs to have a pic to fix this problem if I take it in for service, right?

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Not necessarily, a tech should be able to find a disconnected fuel component, but may have to disassemble things for access.