Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

The right prop for an ETEC 150hp

I would like too get the right prop for my Etec 150hp motor. The boat is a 1850 Crestliner 18.2 ft long, weighing 1470 lbs with 39 gal fuel tank and minkota trolling motor on the front. The motor is an 2011 Etec 150hp,with the stainless steel prop i have now i get 48mph and about 5100 rpms.

Admiral

Re: The right prop for an ETEC 150hp

What model number is your motor?

What model and size prop?  The rpm is too low.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

E150DSL IS ,Envinrude E-Etec 150hp.  The prop is stainless steel Power Tech ELE3R19PMS 275, 19 INCH PITCH AND I BELIEVE TOO BE 15 DIA.

Captain

My boat is similar in specs to yours: 19' long and 1850lbs dry weight.  I have a 2017 G1 150ho motor and run the Viper 16" prop.  I can get 5800 rpms and max speed around 46mph (gps-measured).

As BWB said, your RPMs are too low.  You need to gain about 600 rpms which translates to 3" change in pitch down.  So going from a 19" to 16" should help.

2017 Tidewater 1910 Baymax
Evinrude 150HO (M: E150HGXABH S/N: 05500627H MFDate: 6/17)
Admiral

We can only advise on Evinrude products.  Work with your dealer to try a 17" or 16" propeller for testing. 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.