Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

XD-100 SHELF LIFE

4TH time trying to post this question, don't know why it won't post.

Anyway, I purchased a gallon of XD-100 2 years ago which my local authorized dealer packaged in a used 1 gall anti-freeze jug because he said he buys in bulk and wants to pass on savings to his customers. I haven't used any of it yet but I'm starting to wonder if I should or just take to the recycling center because of age. Please give any input.

Thanks,  

Admiral

Re: XD-100 SHELF LIFE

If the container has been sealed airtight, give the contents a good shake first to be on the safe side, pour it in and go boating.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

Re: XD-100 SHELF LIFE

Three years ago I found a case of outboard 2 stoke oil from1979 that belonged to my father, I used this oil in every second tank and had no problems!