Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

2016 Season for River Trips

[ Edited ]

My guide season starts this Monday April 4th on The Chicago River in the Heart of Downtown Chicago and also on Lake Michigan, I guide Small Mouth Large Mouth Bass mainly but we also fish Trout Salmon and Perch. I run a 16' 6" Princecraft with a 75hp E TEC and a 9.9 Evinrude Kicker amd MinnKota trolling motor with I pilot.

I'm a Pro Staffer for Evinrude and Princecraft and folks say if your a Pro Staff member why aren't you runnung a 21 ft boat and a 300hp motor? My answer I did a lot of research and what I put together is the prefect combo for what I do. The boat is setup where I can do everything from the console while clients fish. Normal trips are 2 anglers sometimes 3. 

My setup with talking many times to Blue water Bill is 75 hp E TEC with a 15 pitch Stainless prop, The motor tops out at 5200/5300 rpm and pushs the boat 38 t0 40 mph on gps with 3 people and all gear in it. It is outstanding on fuel and performs Great, The Princecraft boat is built in Canada for big water it has a 12degree reverse chime hull that gets on plane fast and runs flat and safe on big water. at 3200/3400 rpm Ithe boat crues at 28 mph on gps and rides fantastic for what I do thats outstanding and I get great fuel use. 

What I am trying to say here is you have to decide what you want to do with your boat and what you want from it then put together your package to match your needs. I have a great ride in comfort and the sense of comfort that my E TEC irs reliable and will get to and from spots safe. The only reason I run a kicker is a few of the lakes I fish are 10hp and less lakes.047.jpg

Capt. Pat Harrison