Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Evinrude E-tec 250 HO and Ranger Z520c is oh so sweet!!

Just ran my new rig down at Okeechobee for a week and I am in love with this set up. The charcoal and silver E-tec looks so awesome on the boat and she runs like a champ. Here's a picture of the new rig. Had her up to 72 on tournament day with a full load. Impressive!photo-4.JPG

Skipper

Re: Evinrude E-tec 250 HO and Ranger Z520c is oh so sweet!!

NICE RIG!!!

72 is what I hit with mine also.  Full gas, livewells, tourney load.  I have a hydraulic jack plate too but it doesnt matter what height I run it at. Trim it all the way up, bump it down a couple times and kick back...  E-tec hit the mark!

2013-02-23_12-44-36_570.jpg

Mate

Could you tell me what the prop shaft height is coming from the dealer.  Got my off when I put talons on.  Need to know how many inches the prop shaft is below boat pad.  Thanks

Admiral

[ Edited ]

There is no set prop height, not only that but it may now be different due to the change in balance of the boat because the Talons were added. An initial starting point could be around 3-3/4" to 4", but it would  be trial and error due to the change in the boat's center of bouyancy.

Is it possible to see the marks from the mounting bolts and washers on the motor and the imprint of the transom brackets on the hull to determine where the motor was originally mounted?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Beautiful rigs guys!!  Here's mine.image.jpeg

Ranger Ryan