Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Impressed a Friend

I took a friend out for a day on the water the bite was tough but we had Fun. Yjus is what he wrote on my ace Book page about my E Tec.

Thanks to Pat Harrison for taking me for a ride with his new Evenrude E-Tech 75HP. Now I'm jealous, because it has more power and crisper response by far then my Merc 115. The weather was tough, and so was the fishing, but I was warm and dry thanks to my STORMR Stryker parka and bibs, and I got to show Pat some of the newest Airrus Rods in my arsenal. Top the day off with Chili and beers at Docks at Bangs Lake and it was a great day!

Capt. Pat Harrison
Highlighted
Captain

Re: Impressed a Friend

Bought a new 50etec in June after running a 97 evirude with no problems until it finally blew a piston in May. Have a couple friends who run mercs and they are all impressed with it. One is planning on purchasing for his next motor, nothing but good things to say about it
Captain

Re: Impressed a Friend

I've played with my setup a bit I have a 75 HP on a 17 foot deep V aluminum single console boat.  in the begining the motor over powered the hull and made the boat plow on the water tough to get on plane. I played with props and go it a lot better but still not what I wanted  tried various props 13p 15p 17p 19p Thanks to my sponsor. Couldn't get the right match motor to hull raised motor up down etc with each prop. had trouble getting the motor to get over 4600 rpm. Decided to put a 6 in. manual adjust jackplate on with a 13p prop. played with the jackplate till I got the cavitation plate just right and the boat jumped on plane and ran 5100/ 5200rpm. 44mph on gps. Switched the prop to a stainless 15p and did a little adjusting again with the jackplate I now run wot 5000/ 5100. Outstanding whole shot right on plane great grip in turns  and 44/46 mph on gps. Smooth as can be great on fuel, I can troll down to 1.8 and 1.2 with a drift sock out. Outstanding for a 75 HP 3 cylinder motor with 3 people in boat and fishing gear. I also run a 9.9 Evinrude  kicker but I only have it to fish 10hp restricted lakes in the area and as back up out on Lake Michigan. I'll tell you for sure what ever boat I own will only be Evinrude E TEC powered why run the rest when you can run the best. I know it not a big motor but its the setup that works reliable and efficient for what I do.        THANKS EVINRUDE 

Capt. Pat Harrison