Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

jet engine upgrade

Hello everyone,

I want to install the new Evinrude 105 HP Jet on my boat Tracker Targa V18 Combo 2012 with a Mercury 115 HP EFI 4-stroke propeller.

Is the idea technically feasible and have the same power as I my Mercury engine or not?

Thank you in advance for your commentsSmiley Wink

Admiral

Re: jet engine upgrade

A 105 HP jet drive has less power than a 115HP propeller driven outboard motor. The advantage of a jet drive is its ability to operate in shallower waters but a jet is not as efficient as a propeller.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Highlighted
Mate

Re: jet engine upgrade

Thanks for the information.

I'll wait for the return of Evinrude engineers to be sure of the feasibility of my project because my Mercury is a 4-cylinder and a V6 Evinrude is, and maybe it is at least equivalent, what I wish, but have less and many would not be acceptable in this case. We will wait and see.

I would inform you of the information they will provide me.Smiley Wink