Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

115 etec on Lund 1775 impact sport

Hi all.  Looking for some advice here.  I currently own a 2013 year 1650 rebel xl with a standard 90hp etec.  Its a beautiful rig.  No complaints for fishing.  43 mph.  I am almost 240 lbs and i can ski behind this rig as well.  Cannot get up on one, but no problem getting up on two and dropping one.  Not looking for awesome ski performance, just fun recreational.  That said, my children are growing and I think I'm starting to notice its a little more sluggish with the usual load of people on board, which is my wife and two daughters when I'm getting up on skis.  I know I could change the prop and maybe trade a little top end speed for some lower end torque, but I'm looking for a little more room in the boat also.

So, I'm seriously considering upgrading to a Lund 1775 impact sport.  The boat is rated for a 125hp.  I was set to pull the trigger having every confidence that the 115 HO on the 1775 would give me a bigger boat, better holeshot/ low end torque for skiing, and equal speed if not a few mph faster than my current rig.  Then I learned that the 115 HO doesn't come in a 25" shaft, at least not currently in North America...I think maybe it used to.  Anyway, the 1775 has a 25" transom, so that means I can't get the 115HO.  If I put the 115 standard etec on the Lund 1775 impact, will i be disappointed?  Will i gain anything from my current rig when it comes to pulling a heavier skier out of the water.  Will I still maintain at least 40 mph top end, which is my top end goal btw.  I don't need more top end speed than my current rig.  Anyone have the set up I'm talking about?  Please share.  Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

Captain

Re: 115 etec on Lund 1775 impact sport

[ Edited ]

Not sure where you are getting your information. But Evinrude offer the 115HO in a 25inch shaft in North America . That would be a very common application.

http://www.evinrude.com/content/dam/evinrude/Global/MY2017/Documents/Spec-PDFs/PY17-Ev-Specs_115H.O....

The above is from the Evinrude US website.

Admiral

There is no 25" shaft version listed on the dealer order sheet or price list.

There were some similar aluminum boats in the performance reports on the Evinrude website and they all performed over 40 mph with the standard 115 HP model.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

Must have just got rid of it. Probably a G2 comming. :-)

https://www.mahonemarine.com/new-models/2017-evinrude-115-ho-a115ghx-graphite-24021342b

Mate

Yes, I saw on the web they have a 25”, but it’s a mistake on the web. They don’t currently have a 25” 115 HO. Makes me wonder if I should wait until next year and see if the picture changes and maybe gives me an option for an HO or G2. Thanks for the information. I know I can get probably about 40 mph...I’m more interested in opinions on the hole shot/ torque for pulling my 240lb self up on skis. Will it be better, worse, or about the same as the 1650 rebel xl with a 90?
Captain

I would think it would be better, I once had a 115 on a 17.5 ft aluminum boat. My advise in both situations would be to invest in two props, a 90 or a 115 with the appropriate prop will pull up any skier on one ski, it just depends on the pitch. If you drop 2-3 inches off your existing wheel and goto  4 blade you should be good.

Mate

10-4. Thank you.