Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

2.6L 200 G1 prop

Hi folks.  I recently purchased a new 2015 E200DPX on a 2015 Kingfisher 1925 Flex Sport.  It is a 19ft multispecies style aluminum hull with an 18 degree deadrise.  I only have a few hours on it, but have some initial concerns that it is a bit over propped and I would like to find a stainless prop anyway.  

The boat hull weighs 1625 lbs and between kicker, fuel, equipment, and people, the weight, would go around 2500 lbs not including the Etec motor.  The current prop is a 14.5 x 19 aluminum.  

I am pretty confident I have the motor height in the appropriate position, but I can only get about 5200 RPM out of it.  Overall speed is probably the last concern I have as I spend a lot of time in 3-4 ft waves.  With the current prop it will run up just over 50 mph.  

After looking at the prop selection guide, I am considering a 14.75 x 17 Viper.  

I am intrigued by the qualities of the Rebel prop, but it is not considered a recommended option in the selection guide with my hull.  My goal is to get up in the 5800 RPM range.  

Any suggestions at this point would be appreciated.  Thanks

Admiral

Re: 2.6L 200 G1 prop

What speed are you getting at the 5200 rpm?

How far in inches is the bottom of the anti-ventilation plate from the keel of the boat?

What hole is the engine bolts mounted through on the engine?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

Good morning

What speed are you getting at the 5200 rpm? Right around 50 mph.

How far in inches is the bottom of the anti-ventilation plate from the keel of the boat?  The anti-ventilation plate is about 1.5" above the keel.

What hole is the engine bolts mounted through on the engine?  The motor is on the very bottom set of holes, so the motor is as high as it can on the transom.

Mate

I was finally able to find some decent conditions to run my boat for a bit more extended amount of time.  Here is what I found:

On my analog dash guage I am running 5200 RPM and on my GPS I show 46 mph.  When I calculate the prop slip, I come up with 9%.   

Once again, my goal is to find a stainless prop that would increase my RPM.  I realize it is in the running range, but it is certainly on the low side of the scale.  

Hopefully, you can point me in the right direction.  Thanks.

Admiral

Try the 17" Viper, it may give you a bit more speed being more efficient than the aluminum prop and theoretically it should increase the rpm to a better suited 5600 rpm.

With your motor mounted all the way up and the AV plate only 1-1/2" above the bottom says that the transom on the boat is built below the standard height.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.