Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

2008 250 HO Cylinder Readings.

Just had my motor serviced, cyl. readings 125 all cylinders. My question is how good is that? My next question it came with a new a new brain box, but can that record original engine Hrs.on the engine it is mounted to? Sorry but i'm trying to learn and i appreciate all imput.  Rookie

Admiral

Re: 2008 250 HO Cylinder Readings.

Due to variations is gauge accuracy, cranking rpm, residual oil in cylinders, and engine temperature, compress numbers are not published. Instead, they want all the numbers to be within 15% of each other. Your 125 psi is good.

When a new EMM is installed, the old engine info and history are transferred to the new one.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Re: 2008 250 HO Cylinder Readings.

Thank you for the info, great site to learn about Eninrude e-tec's.