Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Bass Boat G2 250 h.o Best Prop

I got 24 hours on my new G2. Switch from Mercury. 

It came with a 26P RX4. The numbers I'm getting are very different then what I ran on my Pro XS. Speed is very similar but at different RPM. at 5400RPM with the G2 I'm at 77 while with the Fury 26P to hit 77 I'm at 5950. while fully loaded.

Any recommandation on props for this? Raker H.O?

Captain

Re: Bass Boat G2 250 h.o Best Prop

@SeabassOutdoors wrote:

I got 24 hours on my new G2. Switch from Mercury. 

It came with a 26P RX4. The numbers I'm getting are very different then what I ran on my Pro XS. Speed is very similar but at different RPM. at 5400RPM with the G2 I'm at 77 while with the Fury 26P to hit 77 I'm at 5950. while fully loaded.

Any recommandation on props for this? Raker H.O?

Personally I would have started with the Raker HO, it's a standard bass boat prop. The bow will lift more and you will get more speed in most cases. Your RPMs are a two low.  Ive used both props, I think a 26inch RAKER would raise your RPMS and likely your speed.

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Bass Boat G2 250 h.o Best Prop

If the gear ratios are different, you will have different results.

Propping is a trial and error situation. Some boats may perform better with an RX4 and other with a Raker HO. Hopefully you work with a dealer who is either very familiar with your setup and boat brand, or one that loans you various props to try out.

Enjoy your engine, it should be quite an improvement when taking off with a tournament load onboard.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.